Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Prof. Dr. Stefanie Sievers-Glotzbach
Economy of Commons
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Business Administration, Economics, and Law Department
Rights of the data subject
Contacting our Data Protection Officer mentioned below, you may exercise any of the following rights at any point in time:
- Information as to your personal data being stored and processed,
- rectification of inaccurate personal data,
- erasure of your data stored by us,
- restriction of processing in case we are, by this time, still not allowed to erase your data due to legal obligation,
- objection to the processing of your data, and
- data portability in case you agreed to data processing or closed a contract with us.
In case you gave us your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time with effect for the future.
Purposes of data processing through the accountable body and third parties
We process your personal data exclusively for the purposes mentioned in this policy statement. For other purposes than mentioned, there is no transmission of your personal data to third parties taking place. We only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- You gave us your explicit consent,
- the processing is required for the closure of a contract with you,
- the processing is required to comply with a legal obligation,
- the processing is required for the protection of legitimate interests and there is no reason to assume that you have a major interest requiring protection in the non-transmission of your data.
Erasure and blocking of data
We adhere to the principles of data avoidance and data minimisation. We therefore store your personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by the legislator in laws or regulations to which we are subject to. If the storage purpose is not applicable anymore, or the storage period prescribed by the legislator expires, the personal data are routinely blocked or erased in accordance with legal requirements.
Use of script libraries (Google Webfonts)
To display our contents uniformly and attractively among web browsers, we use script and font libraries on this website, such as Google Webfonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/). Google Webfonts are being transferred into your browser cache in order to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Webfonts or inhibits access, the contents are shown in a standard font.
The call up of script and font libraries automatically establishes a connection to the operator of the library. Thus, in theory it is possible – but currently vague if and if so for what purposes – that operators of respective libraries collect data.
Contact our Data Protection Officer
If you have questions regarding privacy at our organization, you may, at any time, contact the Data Protection Officer in charge:
Ass. iur. Dennis Deitermann
– Data Protection Officer at the University Oldenburg –
Phone: +49 441 798-4196
Ammerländer Heerstraße 114-118
26111 Oldenburg, Germany